Listeners’ questions about anything financial
- KiwiSaver v shares — or electric vehicle?
- KiwiSaver for people in 2 jobs
- Risk level for money soon to be withdrawn
- Pay down mortgage v investing
- How much do you need to retire?
- Using KiwiSaver in retirement
- KiwiSaver as you turn 65
- Alternatives to bank term deposits
No paywalls or ads — just generous people like you. All Kiwis deserve accurate, unbiased financial guidance. So let’s keep it free. Can you help? Every bit makes a difference.
Mary Holm, ONZM, is a freelance journalist, a seminar presenter and a bestselling author on personal finance. She is a director of Financial Services Complaints Ltd (FSCL) and a former director of the Financial Markets Authority. Her opinions are personal, and do not reflect the position of any organisation in which she holds office. Mary’s advice is of a general nature, and she is not responsible for any loss that any reader may suffer from following it. Send questions to [email protected] or click here. Letters should not exceed 200 words. We won’t publish your name. Please provide a (preferably daytime) phone number. Unfortunately, Mary cannot answer all questions, correspond directly with readers, or give financial advice.