Mary will be speaking at two events at the Tauranga Arts Festival
When: 3 November 2019
Where: Durham Street, Tauranga
More details inside
– Couple should make children their priority while the kids are young
– KiwiSaver gives children a good start, despite the lack of incentives
– Don’t blame bank for getting son’s KiwiSaver tax rate wrong
– Expanding the “cut back on gifts” idea to birthdays, Christmas and Mother’s Day
– Inflation tougher on superannuitants, but reader still has options
– I’m doing two talks in Tauranga on November 3
– Reverse mortgages risky in early retirement
– Last week’s correspondent probably meant rental losses are now ring-fenced
– Tax system lacks integrity, here and in the UK
– Did I muddle money and percentages last week?
– Another idea for couple moving to Coromandel but wanting an Auckland option
Ways to boost your everyday saving. Last time we looked at setting a savings goal. This time, it’s other tips to boost savings: Open a separate savings account; Pay yourself first; Start small and gradually increase savings; Play mind games — take a “pay cut” or use a picture; Seize big opportunities when expenses fall or income increases; Take inspiration from champion savers or extreme saver movements.