Ways to boost your everyday saving
Last time we looked at setting a savings goal. This time, it’s other tips to boost savings:
- Open a separate savings account
- Pay yourself first
- Start small and gradually increase savings
- Play mind games — take a “pay cut” or use a picture
- Seize big opportunities when expenses fall or income increases
- Take inspiration from champion savers or extreme saver movements
Listen to the segment below, or click here to read Radio NZ’s summary.
You can listen to these sessions as podcasts. Subscribe free to Mary’s RNZ podcast here.
No paywalls or ads — just generous people like you. All Kiwis deserve accurate, unbiased financial guidance. So let’s keep it free. Can you help? Every bit makes a difference.
Mary Holm is a freelance journalist, a director of Financial Services Complaints Ltd (FSCL), a seminar presenter and a bestselling author on personal finance. From 2011 to 2019 she was a founding director of the Financial Markets Authority. Her opinions are personal, and do not reflect the position of any organisation in which she holds office. Mary’s advice is of a general nature, and she is not responsible for any loss that any reader may suffer from following it.