Buy now pay later — good or bad?
– What is it, and how does it work?
– Some examples
– Who uses it most, and what are they buying?
– Growth in use
– Problems, and consumer protection issues
– How to use it well
– Reader, 95, could become the little old lady of online share traders
– Spending little on clothes — and worrying about 65-plusers still working
– Money making idea for last week’s Dad
– How hard is it to withdraw KiwiSaver money in retirement?
– Former teachers appreciate my comments
– State schools produce some notable ex-pupils
– Is this column disclaimer-free?
– Couple should be able to have both a house and another baby — if they watch their spending
– House price data allows for huge price jumps from developer purchases
– Should couple pay more for house to be in best school zone?
– Son defends private schooling from Mum’s comments about drawbacks
– How KiwiSaver cash fund might work for person over 65
– Encouragement for woman in 50s who wants to quit her job
– Treasure hunt: Could this old term deposit be worth a fortune?
– A couple of worries about a share investor’s confidence
– “Spend while you can” says reader’s adviser
– Too few women in the Business Herald?
– One reader appreciates her real estate agent’s work …
– … While another sold easily without an agent
– Are you an over-saver?
– Employer super contributions not always at employee expense
– Sydney house sellers share building inspections with buyers
– A warning about LIMS, and a worry about building inspections
– Leaky home owner’s tale of woe with building inspection
– Another way to help students financially
– Haircut weirdness continues!
Listeners’ questions about anything financial:
– KiwiSaver v shares — or electric vehicle?
– KiwiSaver for people in 2 jobs
– Risk level for money soon to be withdrawn
– Pay down mortgage v investing
– How much do you need to retire?
– Using KiwiSaver in retirement
– KiwiSaver as you turn 65
– Alternatives to bank term deposits
– KiwiSaver changes will hopefully help all members
– What happens to people in default KiwiSaver funds losing that status?
– Ways to reduce inequities in KiwiSaver
– Readers’ comments on last week’s multi-millionaire …
– … And his wife’s comments
– Another way to help children into their first homes …
– … And detail about last week’s suggestion
– Multi-millionaire can’t stop penny pinching
– KiwiSaver contributions to get the most from the government
– One way to help children buy a home — with Inland Revenue’s blessing
– What did a reader’s “private rant” mean?
– Reader disappointed about my comments on unpaid work
– A man’s perspective on unpaid work
– Talks about my new book