– Sorry but I won’t ban the expression “property ladder”
– Non-bank mortgage lenders are needed
– Risks of property syndicate investments
– Would fewer landlords be bad for tenants?
– Loss of deduction unfair to landlords — but hey!
– Mortgages not a good substitute for term deposits — try managed funds
– Where to save house deposit
– Last week’s renter/landlord not so badly off …
– … Some ideas for her, but they’re not great
– Will landlords be able to raise rents?
– A better idea on bright-line test
– Finally — lovely feedback from a mother
Low-risk funds — a good alternative to bank term deposits
(But first — a quick follow-up on share trading)
– Defensive and conservative funds, in and out of KiwiSaver
– Where to get info — Smart Investor tool. Look for low fees.
– Don’t panic when balance falls a bit
– Comparison with bank term deposits:
— Pluses: withdrawals, PIE tax, safety
— Minuses: fees, don’t know returns, some volatility