It’s a great idea to get all the incentives in KiwiSaver
Employees usually receive their full employer and government contributions, unless they are on a savings suspension. But what about everyone else?
Recommended changes to KiwiSaver
The Commission for Financial Capability has made 19 suggestions on how to improve KiwiSaver. Mary and Jesse discuss four of them:
– Set up “Small Steps”, so people’s contributions rise gradually each year if they wish
– Add “sidecar savings” to KiwiSaver for short-term emergencies
– Exclude fixed fees from KiwiSaver accounts with balances under $5000
– Show members how much their fees are likely to total over the years in KiwiSaver, compared with average fees for that type of fund
Also: an unusual letter from a listener — grow marijuana or join KiwiSaver?
– Reader can’t bring herself to enjoy her wealth …
– … While another reader has splashed out on an Italian holiday home
– 65+ reader is loving being in KiwiSaver
– How come passive funds are trading shares daily?
– ‘Passive’ KiwiSaver funds are not
– Is it better to invest in US index funds, with their lower fees?