– A reverse mortgage that hasn’t gone well …
– … But it might work for this reader
– A great tip on how to get more on your term deposit
– Buying shares is much cheaper these days
– A reader’s story: Many wise moves, and a great attitude
KiwiSaver back to positive! Also, new KiwiSaver help for new parents
– Returns January to March positive for almost all KiwiSaver funds
– Are the best short-term funds also the best long-term?
– Main points: Hang in there; higher risk = higher return; never judge by short-term performance
– Government helps KiwiSavers on paid parental leave
– How to avoid the boss’s meanness — a different way to contribute to KiwiSaver
– Credit card interest rise alarming
– Don’t bail out of KiwiSaver
– Funds’ relative performance all over the place
– 2 more providers let you withdraw dividends from funds — which can work well in retirement
– A reader’s story: Lessons learnt boost confidence
– Rental property comparison with KiwiSaver not valid
– Working out your true income can help you curb spending
– How reader can keep getting some benefits after 65
– A pity more managed fund providers don’t distribute dividends to investors
– A reader’s story: Recovery from divorce, and 21st birthday presents
Laddering — a clever way with term deposits and perhaps your mortgage
– What is laddering?
– Who might be affected?
– Why do it? — gives longer-term returns on deposits (which are usually higher); frequent access to some of your money; some protection from bad luck with timing.
– How it might work with a mortgage