I’m worried. While it’s great to see many new people getting into investing in shares, and others taking more interest in their KiwiSaver accounts as their balances grow, they could be riding for a fall.
– With mortgage gone, should couple take on a rental property?
– Reader’s plan to get tax deduction might work — but might not
– NZ Super “beneficiaries” not penalised by earning high incomes
– Working for Families could help in last week’s example
– Reader wants her cat charity on the list
– Happy holidays!
– Ignore KiwiSaver fund performance over a few months
– Why you should focus on a fund’s fees, not its returns
– Your KiwiSaver fund has done well in recent years? So what!
– How hard it is for beneficiary parents to get back into work
– A reader’s quote is out of context — and he should stop being mean!
– Meaningful Christmas gifts
– Should young woman invest or concentrate on repaying student loan?…
– … And is her situation like last week’s beneficiary who inherited $1.5 million?
– 2 more readers angry with beneficiary
– In defence of a criticised headline
– How another beneficiary handled her inheritance
– Borrowing to invest in companies that, themselves, borrow
– 2 readers comment on last week’s Q&A about high KiwiSaver fees …
– … And another one jumps the gun on new low KiwiSaver fees
– Reader’s KiwiSaver fees are highway robbery!
– Are banks better KiwiSaver providers?
– Beneficiary must declare big inheritance
– Got a mortgage and investments? You are effectively gearing
– New KiwiSaver default funds are a great new option for many
– 20-year-old could perhaps try borrowing to invest in shares
– Reader misunderstands 10-year share rule
– KiwiSaver fund a good idea for great grandson
– How KiwiSaver is taxed, and what happens the year you turn 65
– “But the cheap wine tastes better!”
– Take care with employee share ownership schemes
– Reader wants to invest specifically in oil and gas industry
– Crash prediction didn’t happen
– 2 letters on investing in shares only if you have a 10-year horizon
– Longer vs shorter mortgage, and paying down mortgage vs investing
– KiwiSaver government contribution as you turn 65
– Are KiwiSaver fees tax deductible? And what are all those fees?
– Should investor wait for world situation to change before investing in shares?
– A reader challenges my 10-year rule for share investments
– Why hasn’t ANZ paid Bonus Bonds investors yet?
– Should retired person move savings into KiwiSaver?
– Not all landlords are driven to maximise the rent they receive
– What is the difference between investing and gambling?
– Do over-65s pay their way in terms of tax and NZ Super?
– Reader has a perfect job for someone over 70
– 2 Q&As about selling rentals in retirement and what to do with the money…
– … And a retired reader who has no intention of selling his rentals