How to boost your saving
– Open separate account
– Set a goal
– Pay yourself first
– Start small
– Play mind games
– When expenses or taxes decrease…
– Inheritances and wins
– The pay rise promise
Laddering — a clever way with term deposits and perhaps your mortgage
– What is laddering?
– Who might be affected?
– Why do it? — gives longer-term returns on deposits (which are usually higher); frequent access to some of your money; some protection from bad luck with timing.
– How it might work with a mortgage
– Small savings safe in KiwiSaver — as long as …
– How to withdraw retirement savings set up in three tiers
– An example for a fairly risk-averse retiree
– What to use instead of a cheque in the Christmas card
– No, I haven’t been ripped off!
– Enter the giveaway of my books for Christmas