– Tips for a 26-year-old on how saving for a home
– A 50% house price drop? 30% has happened
– Changes strengthen landlord argument
– Tough gifting rules for elderly care subsidy
– One way around the care subsidy rules?
– Divorce not the answer unless real
– Best retirement investment — running?
– No, I’ve still not converted to market timing
– Which KiwiSaver providers have the best fund flexibility?
– More on lawyers and wills
– Care subsidy could be unfair on couples
– Warn the family they may not get the house
– Consider curbing your gifts in retirement
Struggling to pay rates? Try a rebate or postponement:
(First: A comment on National’s proposed KiwiSaver changes)
– People facing big rate rises
– Different councils’ offerings
– Rebates for people on low incomes
– Postponement in some cases for everyone
– How it works
– How to get help with this
– Widow needs help with coping with son’s selfishness
– Scam text from “IRD” looks genuine
– Reader annoyed at having to phone bank to get better rate
– A warning for people changing banks
– Parents invest kids’ inheritances in a rental …
– … But did they follow the law?
Important info in your KiwiSaver annual statement — and how to improve it next time
– What’s in the statement
– Total at 65, and weekly spending through retirement
– How your provider came to those numbers
– What to do if you want them to be higher
– Why moving to a higher-return fund is not wise