– Bonus Bonds weren’t only about returns
– Gold is not the best spot for reader’s inheritance
– Are billionaires the new millionaires?
– Retirement savings idea not a winner
– Unfairness in treatment of overseas pensions?
– Should you lie on your NZ Super application?
– Why Super rules make sense
– Donor could start a scholarship, or a grant
– Give while you live — and get a tax credit
– Most are happy with reverse mortgages
– Idea for couple: move into the bach
– Muddling up energy companies
– Please don’t let your partner run your money without your input
– Comparing KiwiSaver and non-KiwiSaver funds
– Laddering term deposits a great way to invest low-risk money — and what are Term PIEs?
– How do NZ-owned banks compare with overseas-owned ones?
– How high inflation affects low-risk savings
– 20-year-old could perhaps try borrowing to invest in shares
– Reader misunderstands 10-year share rule
– KiwiSaver fund a good idea for great grandson
– How KiwiSaver is taxed, and what happens the year you turn 65
– “But the cheap wine tastes better!”
– Take care with employee share ownership schemes
– What is the difference between investing and gambling?
– Do over-65s pay their way in terms of tax and NZ Super?
– Reader has a perfect job for someone over 70
– 2 Q&As about selling rentals in retirement and what to do with the money…
– … And a retired reader who has no intention of selling his rentals
– Why rentals may not work well in retirement — use KiwiSaver instead
– KiwiSaver fees are falling, but some are still high
– Reader tells of another dynamic “little old lady”
– It’s not easy for everyone to work into their 70s
– Family issues may affect older worker decision
– Last week’s boomer lacked understanding, reader says
– Reader, 95, could become the little old lady of online share traders
– Spending little on clothes — and worrying about 65-plusers still working
– Money making idea for last week’s Dad
– How hard is it to withdraw KiwiSaver money in retirement?
– Former teachers appreciate my comments
– State schools produce some notable ex-pupils
– Is this column disclaimer-free?
– Should 24-year-old save for retirement too, or just a first home?
– KiwiSaver works well for over 65s
– Should my advice to woman in 50s have been more conservative?
– Private education not recommended by Mum who sent her sons there
– Dilworth School a possibility for solo Mum’s son
– Are you an over-saver?
– Employer super contributions not always at employee expense
– Sydney house sellers share building inspections with buyers
– A warning about LIMS, and a worry about building inspections
– Leaky home owner’s tale of woe with building inspection
– Another way to help students financially
– Haircut weirdness continues!