– A lawyer stands his ground with real estate agents
– Agent says I “have it in for” his industry
– House insurance proved its worth for reader
– I stand behind bond funds for retirement money
– Did I give a reader ‘very bad advice’?
Listeners’ questions about anything financial:
– KiwiSaver v shares — or electric vehicle?
– KiwiSaver for people in 2 jobs
– Risk level for money soon to be withdrawn
– Pay down mortgage v investing
– How much do you need to retire?
– Using KiwiSaver in retirement
– KiwiSaver as you turn 65
– Alternatives to bank term deposits
Reverse mortgages revisited, and 10 ways to make retirement easier financially
– Further thoughts about reverse mortgages — when younger retirees might use them
– Retire later — job satisfaction, social contact, financial
– Move house, and maybe town
– Boarders or flatmates or Airbnb
– Rates rebates if on low income
– Rates postponement on any income in some places
– Accommodation supplements (government help with rent, board or home ownership costs)
– Sell your house and be a tenant
– Sell assets on Trade Me etc. including valuables
– At 90, you become the charity!
– Fund returns tell us little — and beware fund managers who skite!
– Reader objects to my comments about default KiwiSaver providers who are being dropped
– A warning about bank accounts and bill payments
– How son could partly own parents’ house, and use KiwiSaver to do it
– Family trusts no longer let you avoid rest home fees
– Advice from Shakespeare on treating children equally in wills
– What should “lazy and irresponsible” reader do with his million?
– NZ Super unlikely to be slashed, especially for those on low incomes
– Widower describes 17 years of retirement travel with wife
– Money Week
– Couple muddling trusts and wills — and courting trouble by not discussing uneven inheritances with family
– Young hopeful homebuyer in a position to take risks
– KiwiSaver retirement estimates too high? — what to do about it
– Travel early in retirement, 85-year-old urges