Insights from conference on retirement income
Conference run by Retirement Policy and Research Centre at University of Auckland, 26 April 2019. Speakers included Minister of Consumer Affairs Kris Faafoi.
- Broad aim: Smoothing lifetime consumption. What does that mean?
- NZ Super: How poor are 65+ people? Can we afford Super in future?
- Health in old age: Not all worrying
- Decumulation (spending retirement savings): Help from government needed. Home ownership issues
- NZ on world stage: What we do well
Mary Holm is a freelance journalist, a director of Financial Services Complaints Ltd (FSCL), a seminar presenter and a bestselling author on personal finance. From 2011 to 2019 she was a founding director of the Financial Markets Authority. Her opinions are personal, and do not reflect the position of any organisation in which she holds office. Mary’s advice is of a general nature, and she is not responsible for any loss that any reader may suffer from following it.