Two key points about investing
- What should you invest in?
- How to work out the right assets for you
- Taking the easy way out
- Why diversify — and how?
- Lots of shares, bonds, properties
- Spreading over different types of assets
- Next week: Diversifying: around the world; with mortgages; and over time
No paywalls or ads — just generous people like you. All Kiwis deserve accurate, unbiased financial guidance. So let’s keep it free. Can you help? Every bit makes a difference.
Mary Holm is a freelance journalist, a director of Financial Services Complaints Ltd (FSCL), a seminar presenter and a bestselling author on personal finance. From 2011 to 2019 she was a founding director of the Financial Markets Authority. Her opinions are personal, and do not reflect the position of any organisation in which she holds office. Mary’s advice is of a general nature, and she is not responsible for any loss that any reader may suffer from following it.