– Don’t put more good money after bad — please!
– Did the girls deserve lower pay back then?
– IRD can offset your refund against tax debt
– Bonus Bond alternative not so easy
– Are couple in their eighties planning Bonnie and Clyde robberies?
– Time to accept that cheques are a thing of the past, and learn online banking
– “What’s that?” — the young ask about a cheque book
– For short-term money use term deposits or a cash fund
– Reader misses the point about fun element in Bonus Bonds
– One bank offers car and cash prizes on savings
– How to seek refund if you’ve overpaid tax on NZ Super
– Rule shows how long it takes for an investment — and a debt — to double
– One reader quits Bonus Bonds for term deposits…
– … While another suggests a way to keep the fun rolling on
– Bonus Bonds exit annoys businessman
– Move from term deposits into KiwiSaver fund ups the volatility
– Better to leave the money in two countries than one
– Your questions, a webinar and a guide to investing
– Are you getting as much NZ Super as you should be?
– KiwiSaver withdrawals are tax-free
– Reader “finds” $45,000
– ASB and ANZ still not offering offset mortgages
– Bonus Bonds payout for people overseas
– FMA is watching ANZ on Bonus Bonds
– Unlikely someone else will start Bonus Bonds lookalike
– Compound interest can do astounding things over long periods
– Could helping adult children through an offset mortgage leave parents in the lurch?
– How do others on average incomes save for a house?
– The risks for Bonus Bond holders in waiting for the wind-up
– What if you think your deceased relative had unredeemed Bonus Bonds?
– Bonus Bond holder may as well continue the gamble
– No, you won’t benefit if other Bonus Bond holders can’t be found
– What good is KiwiSaver for the self-employed?
– Young mum cut out of the action by husband’s trust
– Several ways around trust problem if one spouse dies
– Trusts have become “a charter for crooks”
– Reader gets new hope from last week’s column
The next downturn — in shares, KiwiSaver and other managed funds — might be longer.
But first — comments on what to do about the demise of Bonus Bonds.
– FMA survey on investor confidence.
– Race between NZ and world share markets to recover from Covid downturn.
– Recovery not just shares rebounding, but also bonds.
– Next time we could easily have shares down for longer, and bonds also falling.
– Parents can give money to adult son without tax complications
– Another parent can do likewise, but watch out for care subsidy rules
– Conservative KiwiSaver fund’s high returns are genuine — but won’t always be there
– Change will give people NZ Super despite their partner’s overseas pension
– NZ Super application timing was wrong on some websites
– Where to put your money if you’ve lost faith in all financial assets
– Why being in a balanced fund isn’t always equal to being in both low- and high-risk funds
– Suggestion for last week’s couple unable to buy a home because of his parents’ mortgage
– Tax on PIEs and uneven tax burden
– How to make use of new info on KiwiSaver statements