– When debt can be good…
– … And when it’s not
– Job seeker benefit not easy to apply for
– Is this NZ Super reduction fair?
– Help abounds for young man who helped parents get a mortgage
– My tax info not good enough for accountant
– How to tell how strong your bank is
– Can you be in more than one Simplicity fund?
– House buying plan depends on two impossible forecasts
– Put most of savings into house deposit
– Young man loses house deposit in receivership
– Divorced woman, 59, should put most money into new home
– How different is it this time?
– Is this a good time to subdivide?
– Was I too tough on last week’s mother?
– Is gold a good investment these days?
– How would bank deposit insurance work for term deposits?
– Bank credit ratings vary — and should you move money to Australia?
– Pay down mortgage with bank deposits — especially if nervous
– 2 readers ask whether this is a good time to buy a home
– Drip feed into an investment, but preferably not out again
– How COVID-19 affects KiwiSavers planning to withdraw to buy a first home
– 65-year-old in KiwiSaver should relax
– More on “blood in streets” quote
– What to do with a $200,000 Lotto win
– How does Inland Revenue handle Islamic banking?
– Drop in fund value explained
– 2 Q&As on handling charity donations after the donor dies
– Reader explains why millionaire could be aggrieved about NZ Super
– Another reader doesn’t buy my arguments on means-testing Super
– Is means-testing a far left idea?
– Couple should make children their priority while the kids are young
– KiwiSaver gives children a good start, despite the lack of incentives
– Don’t blame bank for getting son’s KiwiSaver tax rate wrong
– Expanding the “cut back on gifts” idea to birthdays, Christmas and Mother’s Day
– Inflation tougher on superannuitants, but reader still has options
– I’m doing two talks in Tauranga on November 3
– Reverse mortgages risky in early retirement
– Last week’s correspondent probably meant rental losses are now ring-fenced
– Tax system lacks integrity, here and in the UK
– Did I muddle money and percentages last week?
– Another idea for couple moving to Coromandel but wanting an Auckland option