Clever and not-so-clever moves with mortgages
- 2 worrying trends: longer mortgages, people adding to mortgages
- Good news: people repaying faster
- When rates drop, maintain your payments
- Paying down your mortgage a great investment
- Mortgage on rentals a bit different
- Revolving credit loans give flexibility but risky for some
- Main points
You can listen to these sessions as podcasts. Subscribe free to Mary’s RNZ podcast here.
No paywalls or ads — just generous people like you. All Kiwis deserve accurate, unbiased financial guidance. So let’s keep it free. Can you help? Every bit makes a difference.
Mary Holm is a freelance journalist, a director of Financial Services Complaints Ltd (FSCL), a seminar presenter and a bestselling author on personal finance. From 2011 to 2019 she was a founding director of the Financial Markets Authority. Her opinions are personal, and do not reflect the position of any organisation in which she holds office. Mary’s advice is of a general nature, and she is not responsible for any loss that any reader may suffer from following it.