What savers and investors are entitled to
- In your dealings with KiwiSaver providers, financial advisers, banks, peer-to-peer lenders, equity crowdfunding platforms and others providing financial services, the Financial Markets Authority says you are entitled to:
- To be treated fairly and honestly
- To be informed
- To know how much you are paying
- To have your problems and complaints dealt with properly
- What does this amount to?
- For more info see tinyurl.com/NZentitlements
Mary Holm is a freelance journalist, a director of the Financial Markets Authority and Financial Services Complaints Ltd FSCL, a seminar presenter and a bestselling author on personal finance. Her opinions are personal, and do not reflect the position of any organisation in which she holds office. Mary’s advice is of a general nature, and she is not responsible for any loss that any reader may suffer from following it.