Why I’m sticking with shares for the long term — despite recent research
- Provocative email from a listener
- Research suggests cash deposits beat shares
- Quibbles and serious concerns about the research
- Best ways to invest in shares
- Why I think shares will always win in the long term
- Next time: why I like index funds and exchange traded funds
Mary Holm is a freelance journalist, a director of Financial Services Complaints Ltd (FSCL), a seminar presenter and a bestselling author on personal finance. From 2011 to 2019 she was a founding director of the Financial Markets Authority. Her opinions are personal, and do not reflect the position of any organisation in which she holds office. Mary’s advice is of a general nature, and she is not responsible for any loss that any reader may suffer from following it.