– If it looks like a scam…
– How to work out return on an investment
– Where to put the grandkids’ Bonus Bond money
– Bonus Bond investor seeks another fun investment
– Readers seek details about NZ Super payments
– Compound interest can do astounding things over long periods
– Could helping adult children through an offset mortgage leave parents in the lurch?
– How do others on average incomes save for a house?
– The risks for Bonus Bond holders in waiting for the wind-up
– What if you think your deceased relative had unredeemed Bonus Bonds?
The next downturn — in shares, KiwiSaver and other managed funds — might be longer.
But first — comments on what to do about the demise of Bonus Bonds.
– FMA survey on investor confidence.
– Race between NZ and world share markets to recover from Covid downturn.
– Recovery not just shares rebounding, but also bonds.
– Next time we could easily have shares down for longer, and bonds also falling.
– Couple muddling trusts and wills — and courting trouble by not discussing uneven inheritances with family
– Young hopeful homebuyer in a position to take risks
– KiwiSaver retirement estimates too high? — what to do about it
– Travel early in retirement, 85-year-old urges
– Who’s right about fund choice — husband or wife or neither?
– Which bank products are subject to haircut if bank fails?
– What about government bonds, Bonus Bonds and safe deposit boxes?
– Halt to dividend payments should strengthen banks
– ETF tax problem no big deal
– It’s great to continue contributions to KiwiSaver and other funds in down markets
– Don’t assume gloom will continue — and a look at past recoveries
– Drip feeding not quite so good with lump sums
– Reader regrets panic move out of KiwiSaver — and how to follow share trends
– Many more people are buying shares
– Should self-employed use up savings before asking for government help?
– Index funds not at a disadvantage in market downturn
– How can index funds beat the market?
– Which index for an index fund?
– Any time is fine for switching KiwiSaver provider
Q&As: Father of 5 loses Working for Families money through accountant’s error; New website helps you find ethical KiwiSaver funds; Split money between KiwiSaver and non-KiwiSaver, and consider paying down mortgage; Share fund might beat mortgage repayment, but it might not; Self-employed need a better deal from KiwiSaver.