Doing KiwiSaver badly
- Not joining. Employees and non-employees.
- Not contributing.
- Switching too often or unwisely — good and bad switches
- Over 65s not using KS.
- Providers doing KS badly — not cutting fees much.
- Good news: Money in KiwiSaver doubled in 4 years.
- World Investor Week — info for new investors on FMA website.
No paywalls or ads — just generous people like you. All Kiwis deserve accurate, unbiased financial guidance. So let’s keep it free. Can you help? Every bit makes a difference.
Mary Holm, ONZM, is a freelance journalist, a seminar presenter and a bestselling author on personal finance. She is a director of Financial Services Complaints Ltd (FSCL) and a former director of the Financial Markets Authority. Her opinions are personal, and do not reflect the position of any organisation in which she holds office. Mary’s advice is of a general nature, and she is not responsible for any loss that any reader may suffer from following it. Send questions to [email protected] or click here. Letters should not exceed 200 words. We won’t publish your name. Please provide a (preferably daytime) phone number. Unfortunately, Mary cannot answer all questions, correspond directly with readers, or give financial advice.