Playing with numbers
- Dollar cost averaging:
- How it gives you bargains
- Does it work if you have a lump sum?
- Rule of 72:
- How long for an investment to double?
- If investment has doubled, what was your return?
- 40 years in KiwiSaver
- 3 times as much in high-risk fund
- 1.5 times as much with lowest fees
Listen to the segment below, or click here to read Radio NZ’s summary.
You can listen to these sessions as podcasts. Subscribe free to Mary’s RNZ podcast here.
No paywalls or ads — just generous people like you. All Kiwis deserve accurate, unbiased financial guidance. So let’s keep it free. Can you help? Every bit makes a difference.
Mary Holm is a freelance journalist, a director of Financial Services Complaints Ltd (FSCL), a seminar presenter and a bestselling author on personal finance. From 2011 to 2019 she was a founding director of the Financial Markets Authority. Her opinions are personal, and do not reflect the position of any organisation in which she holds office. Mary’s advice is of a general nature, and she is not responsible for any loss that any reader may suffer from following it.