Playing with numbers
- Dollar cost averaging:
- How it gives you bargains
- Does it work if you have a lump sum?
- Rule of 72:
- How long for an investment to double?
- If investment has doubled, what was your return?
- 40 years in KiwiSaver
- 3 times as much in high-risk fund
- 1.5 times as much with lowest fees
Mary Holm is a freelance journalist, a director of the Financial Markets Authority and Financial Services Complaints Ltd FSCL, a seminar presenter and a bestselling author on personal finance. Her opinions are personal, and do not reflect the position of any organisation in which she holds office. Mary’s advice is of a general nature, and she is not responsible for any loss that any reader may suffer from following it.