Important new info on KiwiSaver annual statements arriving about now
- You’ll be told your expected savings at 65 (inflation adjusted)
- Also how much you will be able to spend per week until age 90 (inflation adjusted)
- (But you won’t get this if you’re new to that provider, under 18 or over 65)
- How these numbers are calculated
- What if you don’t fit the assumptions, eg you plan to retire before or after 65?
- What to do if your numbers are worryingly low
No paywalls or ads — just generous people like you. All Kiwis deserve accurate, unbiased financial guidance. So let’s keep it free. Can you help? Every bit makes a difference.
Mary Holm is a freelance journalist, a director of Financial Services Complaints Ltd (FSCL), a seminar presenter and a bestselling author on personal finance. From 2011 to 2019 she was a founding director of the Financial Markets Authority. Her opinions are personal, and do not reflect the position of any organisation in which she holds office. Mary’s advice is of a general nature, and she is not responsible for any loss that any reader may suffer from following it.