Investors in shares — and most KiwiSaver investors — are doing “too well”
- Last year was exceptional
- Last decade was well above recent averages
- AND last decade was unusually “unvolatile”
- Don’t be lulled into thinking this will continue
- Shares are good investments, but…
Mary Holm is a freelance journalist, a director of Financial Services Complaints Ltd (FSCL), a seminar presenter and a bestselling author on personal finance. From 2011 to 2019 she was a founding director of the Financial Markets Authority. Her opinions are personal, and do not reflect the position of any organisation in which she holds office. Mary’s advice is of a general nature, and she is not responsible for any loss that any reader may suffer from following it.