– A “bit of bitcoin” is OK, but don’t get carried away
– Realistic recommendation on fixed versus floating mortgage rates
– KiwiSaver could be more welcoming to newcomer with mortgage
– KiwiSaver timeframes all over the place
– New share investors should skip single shares and use a fund
– Short-term share trading up — but most people don’t win
– Index funds proving themselves in down markets
– How “Preservation Fund” lost money — and is it better than bank term deposit?
– Angry reader wants gold in NZ dollars — but would it boost his case?
– Last week’s gold fan takes another look
– Gold helps with diversification
– How different is it this time?
– Is this a good time to subdivide?
– Was I too tough on last week’s mother?
– Is gold a good investment these days?
– How would bank deposit insurance work for term deposits?
– Bank credit ratings vary — and should you move money to Australia?
– Pay down mortgage with bank deposits — especially if nervous
Q&As: Banks shouldn’t favour new customers, but reader shouldn’t have big credit card debt; Gold doing OK in NZ dollars, but that’s not the point; Why advisers tend to favour low-risk investments and why they shouldn’t; Banks have a wide range of financial advisers.
Q&As: Single mum can’t decide whether to renovate or sell; How come some seemed to get more Genesis Energy shares?; No I won’t give info on gold savings plan; What might be behind gold plan?; How many employers stop KiwiSaver contributions at 65?; Is employer playing fair with KiwiSaver contributions?; Complications for some self-employed in KiwiSaver.