Why sticking with NZ investments is foolish
- Diversification — NZ is a tiny portion of world markets
- How to invest offshore — in KiwiSaver and elsewhere
- What about foreign exchange risk?
- How much of your investments should be offshore?
- Is investing offshore disloyal to NZ?
- What is hedging, and is it good?
No paywalls or ads — just generous people like you. All Kiwis deserve accurate, unbiased financial guidance. So let’s keep it free. Can you help? Every bit makes a difference.
Mary Holm is a freelance journalist, a director of Financial Services Complaints Ltd (FSCL), a seminar presenter and a bestselling author on personal finance. From 2011 to 2019 she was a founding director of the Financial Markets Authority. Her opinions are personal, and do not reflect the position of any organisation in which she holds office. Mary’s advice is of a general nature, and she is not responsible for any loss that any reader may suffer from following it.