Why sticking with NZ investments is foolish
- Diversification — NZ is a tiny portion of world markets
- How to invest offshore — in KiwiSaver and elsewhere
- What about foreign exchange risk?
- How much of your investments should be offshore?
- Is investing offshore disloyal to NZ?
- What is hedging, and is it good?
Listen to the segment below, or click here to read Radio NZ’s summary.
You can listen to these sessions as podcasts. Subscribe free to Mary’s RNZ podcast here.
No paywalls or ads — just generous people like you. All Kiwis deserve accurate, unbiased financial guidance. So let’s keep it free. Can you help? Every bit makes a difference.
Mary Holm is a freelance journalist, a director of Financial Services Complaints Ltd (FSCL), a seminar presenter and a bestselling author on personal finance. From 2011 to 2019 she was a founding director of the Financial Markets Authority. Her opinions are personal, and do not reflect the position of any organisation in which she holds office. Mary’s advice is of a general nature, and she is not responsible for any loss that any reader may suffer from following it.