Eating your house
Ways to make use of the value of your house in retirement
- Comfort for struggling younger savers?
- Sell and buy smaller, but…
- Various ways to share your home with others
- Getting a break on rates
- Reverse mortgages a.k.a. home equity release — a good idea?
- FOLLOW-UP from last week to listener’s question on how to buy shares
Mary Holm is a freelance journalist, a director of Financial Services Complaints Ltd (FSCL), a seminar presenter and a bestselling author on personal finance. From 2011 to 2019 she was a founding director of the Financial Markets Authority. Her opinions are personal, and do not reflect the position of any organisation in which she holds office. Mary’s advice is of a general nature, and she is not responsible for any loss that any reader may suffer from following it.