– Sorry but I won’t ban the expression “property ladder”
– Non-bank mortgage lenders are needed
– Risks of property syndicate investments
– Would fewer landlords be bad for tenants?
– Loss of deduction unfair to landlords — but hey!
– Mortgages not a good substitute for term deposits — try managed funds
– Where to save house deposit
– Last week’s renter/landlord not so badly off …
– … Some ideas for her, but they’re not great
– Will landlords be able to raise rents?
– A better idea on bright-line test
– Finally — lovely feedback from a mother
– Why one KiwiSaver fund has done extraordinarily well…
– … and will it — and other star performers — keep starring?
– Did I get it wrong about property managers last week?
– Is not raising rents poor business practice?
– Are pushy property managers only in Whangarei?
– Share market not yet like tulip bulbs — stay invested!
– Are passive investments the next bubble? Plus a note on mis-timing the market
– Low-risk funds not all like bank term deposits
– Risk and return do go together, despite reader’s claims
– Landlords can get hit in a long-term rental
– Safe, accessible, and going backwards — invest beyond bank accounts
– KiwiSaver a good spot for grandfather’s gifts
– My “cavalier response” last week about p/e ratios angers reader
– Comments from a café in Thames
– Why long-term rental leases might not work…
– … And how they might be made to work
– Reader sees no reason shares shouldn’t keep rising…
– Another predicts a crash, and wonders about KiwiSaver defensive action
– Should we take note of shoeshine story?
– Where should millennial save for apartment?
– Reader’s tenants don’t want long-term leases
– Property managers defended
– Column inspires musician to write a song