– Reader near 60 struggles to get mortgage…
– …Could she buy house with another reader?
– Southern Cross doesn’t cover some cancer drugs
– Happy with health insurance
– Sell your home and rent in retirement, to free up money?
– Is it good for both partners to be with same bank’s KiwiSaver?
– Proof on why not to judge KiwiSaver by returns
– More on why index funds won’t mess up share market
– Reader sends his thanks
– Bye and thanks — and be terrific in traffic
Q&As: How 71-year-old renter could use her savings to supplement NZ Super; Reader dislikes ‘free government money’ and KiwiSaver hardship withdrawals; Nobody can predict the share market, so don’t try to time it; Info on KiwiSaver returns is available, but not a lot of use.
Q&As: Don’t try to time your move into a higher-risk fund; ‘Own pocket money’ a secret for matrimonial harmony; Non-earners should raise KiwiSaver contributions if they want a first home grant; A grandma worries about the children’s KiwiSaver accounts …; … But a mother reports her kids are doing fine; Video comparing home buyer and renter is misleading. RIP capital gains tax.
Q&As: Is it terrible to rent all your life rather than buy a home?; Young man wanting to buy a home should make the most of KiwiSaver; A real world example of a house price plunging; Clarification on last week’s letter about sole parent support from WINZ; Sorry, but we’re not getting into matchmaking in the column!