Why some people are still not in KiwiSaver, or are on a contributions holiday. Part 1
- Basically why you should be in
- Should US election results affect KiwiSaver?
- Common reasons for not joining — Worries and fears:
- Bad experience with managed funds
- Lack of trust of government
- Fears about economy
- Ethical reasons
- On December 8: Other reasons
No paywalls or ads — just generous people like you. All Kiwis deserve accurate, unbiased financial guidance. So let’s keep it free. Can you help? Every bit makes a difference.
Mary Holm is a freelance journalist, a director of Financial Services Complaints Ltd (FSCL), a seminar presenter and a bestselling author on personal finance. From 2011 to 2019 she was a founding director of the Financial Markets Authority. Her opinions are personal, and do not reflect the position of any organisation in which she holds office. Mary’s advice is of a general nature, and she is not responsible for any loss that any reader may suffer from following it.