Podcast on KiwiSaver and Decumulation Q&A
Jane Luscombe of the Commission for Financial Capability chats with Mary about what you can do with your KiwiSaver funds once you reach 65.
- Up until now, what’s been happening with people’s money in KiwiSaver when they reach 65?
- What sort of things do people need to think about? What are the rules?
- Do you have to take it all out at 65? Why should you consider leaving some in?
- Can you take your funds out as regular withdrawals rather than a lump sum?
- What do you need to think about in terms of risk and the sort of funds you’re invested in?
Mary Holm is a freelance journalist, a director of the Financial Markets Authority and Financial Services Complaints Ltd FSCL, a seminar presenter and a bestselling author on personal finance. Her opinions are personal, and do not reflect the position of any organisation in which she holds office. Mary’s advice is of a general nature, and she is not responsible for any loss that any reader may suffer from following it.