– When debt can be good…
– … And when it’s not
– Job seeker benefit not easy to apply for
– Is this NZ Super reduction fair?
– Parents can give money to adult son without tax complications
– Another parent can do likewise, but watch out for care subsidy rules
– Conservative KiwiSaver fund’s high returns are genuine — but won’t always be there
– Change will give people NZ Super despite their partner’s overseas pension
– NZ Super application timing was wrong on some websites
– My expertise on cows and farmers’ markets is called into question…
– … Nonetheless, my comments last week helped reader
– KiwiSaver becoming workable for people with special needs
– Change KiwiSaver provider any time, but take care with changing funds
– Who does government borrow from, and how?
– Are we likely to see negative interest rates, and if so, where should we save?
– Not good news on tax and negative interest rates
– Negative interest rates unlikely to threaten banks’ strength
– Where to put your money if you’ve lost faith in all financial assets
– Why being in a balanced fund isn’t always equal to being in both low- and high-risk funds
– Suggestion for last week’s couple unable to buy a home because of his parents’ mortgage
– Tax on PIEs and uneven tax burden
– How to make use of new info on KiwiSaver statements
– Help abounds for young man who helped parents get a mortgage
– My tax info not good enough for accountant
– How to tell how strong your bank is
– Can you be in more than one Simplicity fund?
– House buying plan depends on two impossible forecasts
– Put most of savings into house deposit
– Young man loses house deposit in receivership
– Divorced woman, 59, should put most money into new home
– Am I helping the big guys at the expense of small investors?
– Why you might want to be in more than one of your provider’s KiwiSaver funds
– Tax on KiwiSaver and other funds is gentle
– Limit buys can work well when buying shares
– Investing versus paying down mortgage in low-rate environment …
– … and taking diversification into account
– Be in KiwiSaver as well as making extra mortgage payments
– Take mortgage “holiday” or spend savings?
– Who’s right about fund choice — husband or wife or neither?
– Which bank products are subject to haircut if bank fails?
– What about government bonds, Bonus Bonds and safe deposit boxes?
– Halt to dividend payments should strengthen banks
– ETF tax problem no big deal
– It’s great to continue contributions to KiwiSaver and other funds in down markets
– Don’t assume gloom will continue — and a look at past recoveries
– Drip feeding not quite so good with lump sums
– How different is it this time?
– Is this a good time to subdivide?
– Was I too tough on last week’s mother?
– Is gold a good investment these days?
– How would bank deposit insurance work for term deposits?
– Bank credit ratings vary — and should you move money to Australia?
– Pay down mortgage with bank deposits — especially if nervous