– When debt can be good…
– … And when it’s not
– Job seeker benefit not easy to apply for
– Is this NZ Super reduction fair?
– Parents can give money to adult son without tax complications
– Another parent can do likewise, but watch out for care subsidy rules
– Conservative KiwiSaver fund’s high returns are genuine — but won’t always be there
– Change will give people NZ Super despite their partner’s overseas pension
– NZ Super application timing was wrong on some websites
– Government KiwiSaver contributions to over 65s wouldn’t work, or be fair
– How reader with cancer could set up her savings
– Over how long should you drip-feed a lump sum into an investment?
– Is weekly drip-feeding better than monthly?
– I suggest reader takes rental property off the market …
– … but she’s sold it! Don’t put proceeds into another rental
– “Merry (non-commercial) Christmas!” says reader
– Index funds — what are they and how to invest
– Could exchange-traded funds wreck how sharemarket works?
– KiwiSaver provider not up with play on 65-plus withdrawals
– One reader gives away all his NZ Super …
– … And another makes it easier for everyone to do that
– Clever ways to make Christmas less expensive and more fun
– Who’s creaming it, the lawyers or the banks?
– Bonus Bonds give reader nothing over 48 years
– An argument against online donations
– Give now rather than in your will, reader says
– Reader reckons he deserves his pension, after paying for others
– List of charities offering meaningful Christmas gift programmes
– Bonus Bonds work well as on-call account …
– … But not so well as a gift for grand-daughter. Other options for her
– Means-testing NZ Super may cost more than it saves
– Lower-income retirees already get more
– Take care with charity donations in wills
– Tell charities how you want to be treated …
– … Here’s what to do if they ignore your requests
– What to do with a $200,000 Lotto win
– How does Inland Revenue handle Islamic banking?
– Drop in fund value explained
– 2 Q&As on handling charity donations after the donor dies
– Reader explains why millionaire could be aggrieved about NZ Super
– Another reader doesn’t buy my arguments on means-testing Super
– Is means-testing a far left idea?
– Family tree doesn’t explain why women are worse off in retirement
– Should we give more NZ Super to those in need?
– Reader seeks ideas on giving to charity
– Offset mortgage one way parents can help children buy a home — but not a tax break
– Look beyond bank adviser
– Investors in KiwiSaver and other funds pay slightly less tax