– Tips for a 26-year-old on how saving for a home
– A 50% house price drop? 30% has happened
– Changes strengthen landlord argument
– Tough gifting rules for elderly care subsidy
– One way around the care subsidy rules?
– Divorce not the answer unless real
We’re getting smarter with our KiwiSaver choices
Total funds nearly $100 billion — although dropped in 2022
4 good trends:
– More in growth funds
– More choice for investors
– Fees falling
– Good international investing
Correction about how long it takes employee contributions to reach providers
– How solo mother can survive mortgage rate rise
– Check out all of a bank’s offerings
– Okay to raise your risk in falling market — and it’s not falling anyway
– KiwiSaver fund not doing as badly as reader thinks
– Help offered from a robot…
– … But it’s too late!
Are KiwiSaver members getting value for their money?
Financial Markets Authority (FMA) is looking into this.
Report from a panel discussion on the topic at a conference:
– Are fees coming down?
– Some providers pay commissions to advisers who bring in KiwiSaver members
– Some performance fees are unfair
Also, brief comment on controversy over GST on KiwiSaver fees
Why comparing returns on rental property and shares is tricky
– A recent example…
– … But borrowing (aka gearing or leveraging) changes comparisons
– The worst that can happen with an investment
– How geared rental property can go wrong
– What about your own home?
– Update from last time on my single shareholding