– Reader near 60 struggles to get mortgage…
– …Could she buy house with another reader?
– Southern Cross doesn’t cover some cancer drugs
– Happy with health insurance
– Young couple should maybe take a rest from house hunting
– Which mortgage term? Split it
– Reader argues for concentrating on energy shares, but I disagree
– Why Boomers have had bad luck with Southern Cross
– Online game aims to help children learn about money
– Rule shows how long it takes for an investment — and a debt — to double
– One reader quits Bonus Bonds for term deposits…
– … While another suggests a way to keep the fun rolling on
– Bonus Bonds exit annoys businessman
– Move from term deposits into KiwiSaver fund ups the volatility
– Better to leave the money in two countries than one
– Your questions, a webinar and a guide to investing
– Solo mum should check out government help on buying a first home
– Advice for last week’s reader with $1.5 million in the bank — give some away…
– … And put the rest in more than one bank
– Should couple’s KiwiSaver accounts be with different providers?
– The law on relationship property after a couple splits — and how to contract out
– Help abounds for young man who helped parents get a mortgage
– My tax info not good enough for accountant
– How to tell how strong your bank is
– Can you be in more than one Simplicity fund?
– House buying plan depends on two impossible forecasts
– Put most of savings into house deposit
– Young man loses house deposit in receivership
– Divorced woman, 59, should put most money into new home
– How different is it this time?
– Is this a good time to subdivide?
– Was I too tough on last week’s mother?
– Is gold a good investment these days?
– How would bank deposit insurance work for term deposits?
– Bank credit ratings vary — and should you move money to Australia?
– Pay down mortgage with bank deposits — especially if nervous
– 2 readers ask whether this is a good time to buy a home
– Drip feed into an investment, but preferably not out again
– How COVID-19 affects KiwiSavers planning to withdraw to buy a first home
– 65-year-old in KiwiSaver should relax
– More on “blood in streets” quote
– How to replace a condescending financial adviser
– Okay, reader can time the market a little …
– … and what Baron Rothschild said about that
– Moving KiwiSaver money should have nothing to do with the economy
– Why drip feeding is best — it’s partly psychological
What financial decisions would I do differently, with hindsight?
Based on an email challenge from a listener.
– Timing — in the share market and property market
– Gearing — borrowing to invest in a share fund
– A foreign exchange investment
– House buying
– Rental property?
– Higher paid work?
– My holiday message: Be terrific in traffic