– Don’t put more good money after bad — please!
– Did the girls deserve lower pay back then?
– IRD can offset your refund against tax debt
– Bonus Bond alternative not so easy
– Are couple in their eighties planning Bonnie and Clyde robberies?
Share investing for fun:
– 2 reasons to invest in shares: long-term growth and entertainment
– New Zealanders’ interest growing fast — especially 25–44s and males
– Like 1980s?
– Unlikely to beat the market
– Watch for pumping and dumping
– Don’t be an insider trader
– Margin trading and options
– 2 helpful websites
– Conclusion: only money you can afford to lose
– Time to accept that cheques are a thing of the past, and learn online banking
– “What’s that?” — the young ask about a cheque book
– For short-term money use term deposits or a cash fund
– Reader misses the point about fun element in Bonus Bonds
– One bank offers car and cash prizes on savings
– How to seek refund if you’ve overpaid tax on NZ Super
– Rule shows how long it takes for an investment — and a debt — to double
– One reader quits Bonus Bonds for term deposits…
– … While another suggests a way to keep the fun rolling on
– Bonus Bonds exit annoys businessman
– Move from term deposits into KiwiSaver fund ups the volatility
– Better to leave the money in two countries than one
– Your questions, a webinar and a guide to investing
– Family trusts no longer let you avoid rest home fees
– Advice from Shakespeare on treating children equally in wills
– What should “lazy and irresponsible” reader do with his million?
– NZ Super unlikely to be slashed, especially for those on low incomes
– Widower describes 17 years of retirement travel with wife
– Money Week
– Reader can’t bring herself to enjoy her wealth …
– … While another reader has splashed out on an Italian holiday home
– 65+ reader is loving being in KiwiSaver
– How come passive funds are trading shares daily?
– ‘Passive’ KiwiSaver funds are not
– Is it better to invest in US index funds, with their lower fees?
– Clever ways to make Christmas less expensive and more fun
– Who’s creaming it, the lawyers or the banks?
– Bonus Bonds give reader nothing over 48 years
– An argument against online donations
– Give now rather than in your will, reader says
– Reader reckons he deserves his pension, after paying for others
– List of charities offering meaningful Christmas gift programmes